Compare Listings

Tenant information

Frequently asked questions regarding Renting a property.

Do you charge any fees from tenant?

No, we do not charge any fees from our tenants and there is no hidden cost at all.

Who do I speak to if I have problems with my tenancy?

Please call 0208  552 1100 or email your enquiry to

What documents do you need for Tenant reference check?

You need to provide us last 3 months bank statements and Payslips (if you are self employed then accountant letter, last 2 years business accounts or tax returns), proof of address and passport or National ID card.

Who is responsible for contacting the utility companies after I move in?

We are responsible for setting up accounts with the utility companies directly when you move into your property and closing your utility companies accounts when you leave.

How do I work out a monthly rental payment?

The best way to work out the monthly rental payment for a property is to multiply the weekly rent by 52 and divide the total by 12.

How do I pay rent?

You will need to pay the rent in full  to rental due date. We accept bank transfers, cash, cheques.

How do I serve notice to vacate my property?

Notice would need to be served in accordance with your particular tenancy agreement by recorded delivery.

What penalties will I incur should I break my lease agreement early?

The primary liability is for rent until the end of the contract. No penalties or hidden cost.

What should I do with the keys at the end of the tenancy?

Please ensure all sets are returned, a receipt is obtained and that this happens on or before the last day of your tenancy.

What deductions should I expect at the end of the tenancy from my deposit?

Any discrepancies between the check in and check out may result in deductions from your deposit.

What is the Tenant Deposit Protection Scheme?

Your deposit will be protected by the Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme.

In line with legislation introduced in April 2007 all deposits being paid by a tenant for an Assured Shorthold Tenancy must be registered with a recognised deposit protection scheme within 14 days. Eastview Property Services will register the deposit on your behalf.

Click here for  More info.

When is my deposit returned to me?

Once the check-out has been conducted, Eastview Property Services will receive instructions regarding the deposit from the landlord, the money will be returned to your account, less any agreed deductions.

This typically takes 7 working days and generally no more than 14 days.

How do I renew my contract after the first year?

You should inform us 30 days prior to the end of your tenancy to allow enough time to arrange all the related administration.

Tenant information about CMP

Frequently asked questions regarding Client Money Protection Scheme.

What is Client Money Protection (CMP) ?

CMP is an insurance product for letting agents. CMP protects the rental money that a tenant pays their letting agent to pass onto a landlord. Few landlords or tenants are aware of CMP and how it can safeguard rental money if an agent attempts to use client funds fraudulently.

However, the Government has now confirmed that it plans to make CMP mandatory for letting agents, following an official review which TPO contributed to in 2016. A consultation is due to take place in 2017 before the Government makes CMP a legal requirement.

Are you member of any Client Money Protection Scheme?

Yes, we are member of  Client Money Protection Scheme.

Are you member of any Trading Body ?

Yes, we are member of UKALA trading body.

CMP is available through several providers. Agents that belong to an industry trade body may already be covered. The following trade bodies offer comprehensive CMP cover to their member firms: ARLA, RICS, UKALA and NALS.

Agents that do not belong to a trading body

TPO has an exclusive agreement with Lonsdale, which offers TPO member agents a comprehensive Professional Indemnity Insurance and Client Money Protection policy. The ‘PI+CMP’ policy was developed exclusively for TPO member agents – to find out more about the benefits of the Lonsdale cover, please contact:

Lonsdale Insurance Brokers Lonsdale PI and CMP

Tel: 020 3713 3860



N.B. Lonsdale Insurance Brokers offer a combined Professional Indemnity (PI) and CMP policy. (Please note: if an agent is unable to cancel their existing PI cover Lonsdale can offer CMP only until their PI is due for renewal)

About The Property Redress Scheme (PRS)

 Frequently Asked Questions regarding PRS.

About The Property Redress Scheme

The Property Redress Scheme is a consumer redress scheme authorised by the Department for Communities and Local Government (“DCLG”) and by the National Trading Standards Estate Agency Team to offer redress to consumers of Lettings, Property Management and Estate Agents. It is also open to other Property Professionals to show they are committed to providing excellent customer service and improving standards within their area of interest in the property industry.

Are you member of Property Redress Scheme?

Yes, Our business is a Full Member of Property Redress Scheme.

For More information: